TB Foam – Our Micro-Cellular Cross-Linked Polyethylene Bun Foam
We use the letters TB to designate our micro-cellular cross-linked polyethylene bun foam. TB is a unique, closed cell foam with an extremely fine-celled molecular structure. One of its nicknames, “bun”, comes from its pressed bun manufacturing process. Other nicknames include plank, mini-cell, and EVA.
Unlike other foam, TB foam is a soft-skinned product that offers superior flexibility, elasticity, and resilience.
TB foam exhibits exceptional strength and durability. It is lightweight and provides excellent protection from vibration and shock. TB can be die cut and pressure or vacuum formed into simple or complex shapes. This foam is used for many applications such as in toys, children’s mats, packaging, and shoe insoles.
Before placing an order, please consider the following specifications for our TB foam:
- Densities are as follows:
- TB-20 is a nominal 2.0 Ibs pcf
- TB-30 is a nominal 3.0 lbs pcf
- TB-40 is a nominal 4.0 lbs pcf
- TB-60 is a nominal 6.0 Ibs pcf
- Bun sizes: 4” x 48” x 72” and 4” x 40” x 80” are the untrimmed standard sizes. All buns come with a tough outer skin or skived on the top and bottom surfaces.
- Colors: Standard colors include white, gray, and black. Other colors are available for an additional charge.
- Bags: Clear, heavy duty, recycled PE material is used in packaging our material.
- Additives: EVA (i.e., TBE) and Flame Retardant (i.e., TBFR) are added for special orders.
- Minimum: An order of twenty buns is required for purchase. Orders less than a container load are shipped from our stock on hand.
TB Foam Physical Properties
|Nominal Density (PCF)||2.0||3.0||4.0||6.0|
|Tensile Strength (PSI)||35||78||121||80|
|Elongation(% to break)||231||281||205||180|
|Tear Resistance (lb/in)8||8||14||17||19|
|Compression Strength (PSI) (25% deflection)||9||12||18||19|
|Compression Set (% of original thickness)||15||13||11||10|
|Working Temperature Range||-70°F to 175°F||-70°F to 175°F||-70°F to 175°F||-70°F to 175°F|
|Flammability (MVSS302)||Pass available||Pass available||Pass available||Pass available|
*Testing done according to ASTM D3575 & ASTM C177 (thermal conductivity) standards. All data is typical and not to be considered specification values. Qycell Corporation cannot predict or control the different conditions under which this information and our products may be applied. Therefore, we do not guarantee the applicability or the suitability of our foam nor the accuracy of this information. There is no warranty either expressed or implied on our products. Buyer assumes all responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of our products, whether done in accordance with direction or not. Statements concerning the possible use of our products are not intended as recommendations to use our products in the infringement of any patent. Users of our products should perform testing to determine their efficiency and suitability prior to use.