T Foam – Our Chemically Cross-Linked Polyethylene Foam
We use the letter T to designate our chemically cross-linked polyethylene foam. Our T foam is produced in continuous rolls resulting in a finished product with uniform closed cells. T is also available in sheets.
T foam is lightweight, flexible, and soft to the touch. However, it is strong, resilient, and resistant to moisture, many chemicals, and temperature extremes.
Compared to non-cross-linked polyethylene foam, T foam typically offers superior thermal stability and insulating properties. It also offers improved dimensional consistency and stability over a wide range of fabrication methods and end-use conditions.
The following additives are available: PE film, EVA (ethyl vinyl acetate – to enhance softness or elongation), flame retardants, and fine cell structure.
Before placing an order, please consider the following specifications for our T foam:
- Densities range from 2.0 lbs pcf (pounds per cubic feet) and extends to 30.0 lbs pcf. We designate 2.0 lbs pcf as T-20; 3.0 lbs pcf as T-30, etc..
- Thicknesses of rolls/sheets range from 1/8″ to 4″ laminated.
- Widths of rolls/sheets vary from our standard 60″ to as wide as 78″.
- Lengths of rolls/sheets range from 10 ft to 2,000 ft.
- Colors are classified into two categories: standard and custom. The standard colors are natural (the color of vanilla ice cream), gray and black. Custom colors are available for an additional fee.
- Additives such as PE film are designated by the letter F which follows the T foam name to be called TF. The letter E is designated for EVA (i.e., TE). The additive for flame retardant is designated as FR (i.e., TFR) and fine cell structure is called FIN (i.e., TFIN).
- For smooth surfaces, we call a single-sided smooth surface, SM (i.e., TSM), and a double-sided smooth surface, SSM (i.e., TSSM).
T Foam Physical Properties
|Nominal Density (PCF)||2.0||4.0||6.0|
|Tensile Strength (PSI)||43||70||135|
|Elongation (% to break)||120||150||190|
|Tear Resistance (Ib/in)||11||17||36|
|Compression Strength (PSI) (25% deflection)||6||12||19|
|Compression Set (% of original thickness)||24||18||13|
|Thermal Stability (% of chg @ 158° for 24 hrs)||<.5||<.6||<.6|
|Thermal conductivity (BTU/hr/inch/ft/F)||.26||.30||.30|
|Working Temperature Range||-70°F to 175°F||-70°F to 175°F||-70°F to 175°F|
|Flammability (MVSS302)||Pass Available||Pass Available||Pass Available|
*Testing done according to ASTM D3575 & ASTM C177 (thermal conductivity) standards. Test methods available upon request. All data is typical and not to be considered specification values. Qycell Corporation cannot predict or control the different conditions under which this information and our products may be applied. Therefore, we do not guarantee the applicability or the suitability of our foam nor the accuracy of this information. There is no warranty either expressed or implied on our products. Buyer assumes all responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of our products, whether done in accordance with direction or not. Statements concerning the possible use of our products are not intended as recommendations to use our products in the infringement of any patent. Users of our products should perform testing to determine their efficiency and suitability prior to use.